Highly skilled French translator and editor with ten years experience in Children’s book publishing and five in retail and business. Provides linguistic services: translation, editing, copywriting and proof reading.
- Creative and detail oriented
- Analytic and versatile thinker
- Sharp insight into subtleties of both official languages
Bachelor of Arts: Translation, 2004
Glendon College, York University — Toronto, ON
Certificate: Early Childhood Education, 1987
Cégep du Vieux Montréal— Montréal, QC
Birth Doula Training, 2018
DONA International — Toronto Yoga Mamas — Toronto, ON
Editor/Translator, 2007 to 2018
Éditions Scholastic — Toronto, ON
- Edited the French translations of about 150 young readers’ books (novels, non-fiction books, chapter books, graphic novels, picture books, activity books) as well as advertising pamphlets, letters, catalogues and other marketing publications.
- Translated about 50 children’s books (from English to French)
- Wrote telling back covers, jackets and catalogue
- Prepared copyright pages
- Proofread blue prints
- Worked as a team with the graphic designers
- Communicated with translators and authors as needed
- Shared knowledge and expertise with the editing team
- Standed in for the senior editor during her time off
Freelance Translator, 2007
Masha Krupp Translation Group and other clients — Toronto, ON
- Provided French translations to Masha Krupp, a translation agency, in a timely manner
- Translated documents for the federal government (CRA)
- Provided terminology research sheet with translated texts
Translator, 2003 to 2007
Toys R Us Canada / Winners Merchants Int. – Concord / Mississauga, ON
- Translated documents for the Marketing Department (catalogues, flyers, radio scripts, video scripts, posters, product’s description and specification, packaging, brochures, ads, press releases, etc.)
- Translated documents for the Human Resources (Employee handbooks, training manuals, work descriptions, internal and external communications, Power Point presentations, letters, employees’ benefits handbook, forms, etc.)
- Replaced my supervisor during her maternity leave (Toys R US)
- Implemented the usage of a translation memory (Trados) in the translation department
Bilingual Customer Service Rep, 1995 to 2003
Louise Kool and Galt, Mazda Canada, Spalding and Decor-Rest — GTA, ON
- Wrote letters in both official languages to customers responding to their concerns\comments
- Translated from English to French various texts (letters, memos, brochures, surveys)
Served as the main liaison between customers, management and sales team in both official languages
- Liaised with dealerships to promote pro active customer service strategies
- Provided telephoned based customer support and fielded with all inquiries and complaints
Early Childhood Educator and Daycare director, 1990 to 1994
Garderie communautaire de Verdun / Garderie des Moussaillons – Verdun/Unionville, QC/ON
- Supervised a team of five educators
- Managed daycare administration in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Prepared and animated programs for children of 2 to 5 years old
- Liaised with the school and the Ministry of Social Services
- Wrote a monthly newsletter in French
- Created a parent’s handbook in French
Hobbies and Interests
I am in the process of getting the Dona Birth doula Certification. As I had dreamed of being a midwife in the past, the role of doula is a calling to me. I have always loved everything around pregnancy, birth and newborns. As a doula I will give educational, emotional and physical support to pregnant person.
I make a duty to always alternate language in my choice of reading.
I am a sailor. I owned a sailing boat since 2013 and spend as much time as possible on Lake Ontario during the summer. I love the sailing terminology too.
I had the opportunity to travel for seven months in Asia (China, India, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines) in 2016. I also travelled in Canada, the U.S and New Zealand… so many beautiful places to see. I like to travel for seeing natural wonders and discovering different cultures and food.
I practice regularly, at least I try. I do my own Ashtanga practice at home and when I get lazy I go to some classes to get my motivation up. I love spending time on my yoga mat.
As I moved in 2018 in the country, I now have plenty of space to garden, I enjoy planning a butterfly garden (started), an herb garden (always have some), a berry garden and a vegetable garden.